Demand Generation Specialist
Are you obsessed with data and analytics? Do you love running experiments and solving hard problems? Are you excited to have more impact, autonomy, and leadership opportunities? Do you like working with a small team toward big outcomes? If yes, we would love to hear from you!
Equator is a geospatial data platform that empowers professionals to design confidently with a world of data. Since launching Equator in January 2020, we have helped over 20K civil engineers, planners, construction professionals, scientists, and hobbyists find the GIS data they need and get their work done faster. Read more about our story.
We’re a small (<10 ) team of makers who celebrate our differences and share a passion for GIS data and maps! We are hiring a Demand Generation Specialist to join our remote team and/or in our Kitchener office.
30,000ft – 10% This refers to the high-level strategic initiatives, such as:
- Collaborating directly with co-founders (CEO and CTO) on strategy related to sales channels, conversions, and lead generation, within the context of revenue targets.
- Helping to define guiding principles and frameworks to scale up successful demand generation initiatives.
10,000ft – 30% This refers to team-level responsibilities, including:
- Reporting on the cost of user and customer acquisition across sales channels.
- Meeting with the Customer Success Manager regularly to understand our customers, and the reasons they buy.
- Meeting with the Technical Content Creator to share research, strategy, and results.
- Collaborating with the Technical Content Creator and Development team on campaigns.
0ft – 60% This refers to the actual getting your hands dirty to execute the work, including:
- Managing and improving the pipeline, conversion, and CAC for existing sales channels, including organic (current #1 priority), paid, and social.
- A/B testing and optimizing existing content and campaigns (current #1 priority is website).
- Planning and executing experiments to identify opportunities in new sales channels.
- Identifying funnel bottlenecks and resolving them, leveraging data to make decisions.
- Develop content for our website that drives high-quality leads, such as free tools, calculators, landing pages, guides, and blogs, with the support of the Technical Content Creator.
- Getting up to speed with existing scalable demand generation campaigns on the Equator website and taking over implementation/optimization.
- Building/configuring analytics dashboards, spreadsheets, and programs to support your work as needed.
As an example, here are some projects you should expect to work on:
- Getting up to speed, implementing, and measuring the success of existing programmatic SEO Content Campaigns on our website with the support of the Technical Content Creator and Development Team.
- Improving data metadata/searchability of existing website/content by improving tagging
- 2-4 years of experience in a demand generation role, or equivalent.
- Extensive experience using WordPress
- Experience setting up and running digital ad campaigns
- Strong analytical background – you are comfortable jumping into web analytics, CRM tools, SQL, Google Sheets/Excel, etc.
- Ability to learn new technologies, products, and systems quickly.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and collaborate to meet deadlines.
- Experience working closely with software development teams.
- You have experience or exposure to civil engineering, GIS, planning, architecture, or similar industries.
- You are familiar with product-led growth strategies.
Snapshot of our Stack:
- Employee Stock Options Plan
- Health benefit plan
- Dental, vision, physical & mental health plus wellness spending account
- Performance development support (yearly budget for courses & conferences)
- Flexible working hours
PLEASE READ: The Application / Interview Process:
- Submit your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (no cover letter)
- Participate in an approximately 60-minute virtual technical challenge in our community Discord. Join using this link: https://discord.gg/c3cpfXw7
- Virtual or In-Person 60-minute with 2 Co-Founders with selected applicants who have completed the technical challenge (CEO and CTO)
- Reference check