Part-Time Content Creator
Kitchener, and/or Remote
Equator is looking for part-time high school student(s) to join our small and mighty team. We are a passionate Waterloo startup on a mission to make 3D mapping accessible to all. Equator is at an exciting stage of growth and has users in over 100+ countries worldwide.
If you love geography, creative writing, and learning about new technology, you are an excellent fit for the position! The student will learn all about what it takes to grow a new business and help contribute to its success.
Our mission at Equator is to improve the work of infrastructure designers by providing them with unprecedented access to the world’s data. You can read more about our story here.
What you’ll do at Equator:
- Research on new and exciting breakthroughs in the geographic sciences
- Write blog posts about geography news and concepts
- Test new mapping features in Equator and write tutorials to help others learn about them
- Find or create beautiful images and graphics to support blog posts and tutorials
- Publish final blog posts and tutorials to the Equator website
- Create video content
What we are looking for:
- No prior work experience is necessary
- Must be eager to learn, self-motivated, and accountable
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Creative and an eye for design
- Willingness to learn new tools and teach others how to use them too!
What’s in it for you:
- Learn about different kinds of business writing, marketing, and SEO. We’ll teach you the basics of technical writing, and Search Engine Optimization.
- Work with industry-leading tools like WordPress, Google Analytics, Canva, and Figma.
- Learn about how analytics help makes business decisions. All of our decisions are informed by data. You’ll be learning with us as we figure out how to make our marketing better every day. You’ll get to watch in real-time as your articles, tutorials, and blog posts bring users into the app.
- Learn about the decision-making process at a growing company
- Gain experience in a co-working space in downtown Kitchener
- We’ll help you learn and grow! We have a lot of experience in tech and other industries and lots of connections in Kitchener/Waterloo. We’ll help you get exposure to many aspects of working in tech and help you figure out what your future may hold!
- $15.50 per hour
- 4-16 hours per week, based on the student’s availability
- Work from home, or in-person at our office in UW’s Velocity Accelerator
How to apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Part-Time Content Creator” in the subject line