About the company:
We’re a small team of eight, including four developers who have directed our talents at improving the lives & work of civil, architectural, landscape, and environmental engineers and designers. Founded and based in Kitchener, Ontario, Equator Studios has fully embraced WFH, both internally with our remote-first virtual office and at a product level, introducing the world’s first real-time collaborative GIS mapping platform.
A typical workday starts with a virtual stand-up meeting held in a voice call and/or in a text channel (your choice!). The development team meets once every two weeks for sprint review, retrospective, and planning, plus an optional company update meeting that happens every one to two weeks. Other than that, the time is yours to dive deep into the work and do what you do best! We use Matter Most for our virtual office, with voice and text channels for collaboration and if you feel social. We’re doing what we can to leverage technology in order to bridge the void that WFH sometimes creates while taking advantage of all the perks that the virtual office provides.
About the work:
We have two active projects that you will be part of:
Equator Geospatial Data Platform – Help our 50K+ (and growing) user base find topographical data, and export it to a format that is required for their workflow. Users create engineering drawings, land surveys, contour maps, GIS reports, 3D-printed/CNC-milled models, video games, digital twins, military simulations, and much, much more!
AI-Assisted Proposal Writer – Help engineers save time drafting proposals, leveraging LLM toolchains (e.g. Langchain) to retrieve the right information and tailor it to the job.
We are looking for someone who has a solid foundation of experience, is comfortable with working on a hybrid of front-end and back-end projects, and, most importantly, is excited to learn and leverage new technologies.
Learn more about our company here: https://equatorstudios.com/
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering, including web application development, big data architecture, and automation
- BS in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with R&D teams and proof-of-concept software development
A snapshot of the technologies we use:
You will be part of a team responsible for:
- Architecting, designing, and developing efficient code
- Setting technical direction and long-term strategy for future technology choices
- Collaborating with design and product team members to design, scope and build end-to-end functionality
- Reviewing code with best practices of readability, testing patterns, documentation, reliability, security, and performance considerations in mind
- Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devising solutions to address and mitigate these problems
- Ensuring full visibility, error reporting, and monitoring of high-performing backend services
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining high throughput data pipelines for analyzing and transforming large geospatial datasets in the cloud
- Managing, optimizing, and potentially redesigning existing geospatial data workflows and storage systems
- Designing, implementing, and managing data storage solutions for large geospatial datasets
- Leveraging cloud-native software development using containers, such as Kubernetes
- Utilizing AI (Large Language Models) to enhance web applications, ensuring seamless integration and innovative user experiences
- Mentoring and level up the skills of your teammates by sharing your expertise in formal and informal knowledge-sharing sessions
- The salary range is $75,823 – $106,793 (depending on your level of experience). The salary range was determined based on the stage of our company, as well as compensation reports for a software engineer (6 years of experience) working in Kitchener, Ontario.
- Employee stock options
- Health, vision, and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks, and catered meals (when / if in the office)
How to Apply:
Send resume, git, or portfolio to email@example.com