Step 1: Source and download your orthoimagery
If you already have an orthoimage saved as a GeoTIFF file, you can skip down to Step 2. If you need an orthoimage, follow the steps below to generate a GeoTIFF file using Equator.
- Locate your project site by using the Search tab or simply zooming into your site.
- Create your site boundaries by clicking on the +NEW SITE button on the bottom left of the screen. Use one of the predefined boundary boxes or create a custom boundary. Don’t forget to name your project site.
- Under the Data tab, click on the Orthoimagery (GeoTIFF) option.
- The Orthoimagery dialog box will appear. Select your project site and any customizations. Then click Generate.
- The orthoimage for your project site will appear within the site boundary.
- To export the orthoimagery out of Equator, go to the Layers tab and click the download button beside the orthoimage layer.
- The Customize Download dialog box will appear. Select GeoTIFF as your format, set your coordinate system, and press Process.
- Your orthoimage (GeoTIFF file) will download into your Downloads file.
Download your othoimage (GeoTIFF File) from Equator, steps 1-8