If you already have a LiDAR point cloud, go ahead and jump down to Step 2.
If you are looking for a LiDAR point cloud, use Equator to quickly and easily get topographic data. Just follow the steps below:
- Sign-in or create an account in Equator
- Search for your site location by using the search bar or zooming in
- Create a site boundary using the +NEW SITE button. Select from the default rectangle options or create your own boundary. Don’t forget to name your site!
- Under the Data tab, select Point Cloud. Choose your parameters and select Generate.
- Your point cloud is stored in the Layers tab under your site.
- To download, select the download button (down arrow). Choose your parameters and select ‘Process’.
- The .laz file of your site will appear in your Downloads folder (or whichever folder you have directed your downloads to go).